From: Tom.Gray [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 11:48 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: How to anti-spoof in exchange 5.5????

This may be impossible or very easy.  I'm not an expert in Exchange so
please be gentle!

Problem --
    Klez is killing us.  Not the actual virus, but the spoofed emails.
People on my network receive mail that LOOKS like it is from someone on
my
network (the basic KLEZ spoof) but they just won't accept the the
explaination that it is a faked return address.

   I KNOW this is a user education issue.

   But, can I configure my exchange server so that the smtp connector
rejects any email from the outside world that has a FROM address of one
of
my inside folks?   Hmm, how about an example:

assume my smtp domain is:     mydomain.com
  So [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a user on my network.  He uses my exchange
server
to send messages.  Now, somebody outside my network gets the KLEZ virus
and
sends a message (from outside my network) to somebody on my network, but
the
message has the FROM field filled with [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Can I make the smtp connector reject those messages?

Thanks for helping

Tom Gray, Network Engineer
All Kinds of Minds & The Center for Development and Learning
Internet:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AT&T Net: (919)960-8888

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: