From: Desiree Herrmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 11:05 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: evil pst dilemma

I have a user with a 1.8 GB pst file, Personal Folders, he moves all
items from the server to his workstation(because I finally stuck to the
limits for all users in Exchange, 100MB mailboxes), gets backed up once
a week.  I have already had to break into the pst because he forgot the
password.  Now, a strange situation, he was in the middle of moving a
file to a Personal Folder when the power to the building went down, a
brown out, including his workstation, rebooted.  Servers fine, UPS.  So,
once booted back up the Outlook client locks or won't complete a move,
copy, anything all the way through in his Personal Folders that he was
working with.  I am attempting to play with the pst file on a separate
PC so as not to mess with what's on his system.  I was successful in
copying the file to another workstation, but can't open it Personal
Folder in his account, it prompts me for a password.  Do I need to try
to break into the folder again, or is it possibly that I'm logged into
the machine as Administrator, and his mailbox as his username.  Do I
need to log on as him?

Exchange 5.5 SP4
Outlook 2000

List Charter and FAQ at: