From: Majetic, John RAME [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 3:14 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: For Kevin Miller

For about 6 months I had the pleasure of working with a MCSE that didn't know how to install a printer on a windows box! He would format hard drives, and then asked me where all the users files went, and how did he get them back?!!!! That was when I decided that MCSEs are only good for fooling clueless CIOs like my boss.

There is one good use for them, and that is comic relief when doing interviews.

I would ask them What DHCP was. they would respond with "Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol", and claim they were experts, and knew everything about it. I would then ask them very detailed questions, like how do you configure it to hand out a WINS server address, and what is the scope in DHCP? It was great fun watching them squirm. Try it sometime.

PS The guy who got the job was the guy who said I don't know to the most questions, didn't have any certs, and he is working out great.

John