Title: Public folder security
Not sure I follow.  What is wrong with the way you have it?  They can only add to the folder but not read it.Is that what you want.?

if you're just trying to keep the error message from popping up how about just having people send mail to the folder instead of copying it to the folder?
-----Original Message-----
From: Blake R. Fowkes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 10:57 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Public folder security

I am playing around a little with security for a few of my public folders.

If I set the permissions for a public folder so like this:

John Q User             Custom

Permission Level:       Custom
x Create Items  _ Folder Owner
_ Read Items            _ Folder Contact
_ Create Subfolders     x Folder Visible

Edit own        Delete None

This will make it so that the user can add items to the folder with no problems.  However if the user make said folder the current folder it will tell them that they do not have permissions to that folder.

Is there any way that I can make the folder so that the user can place items in it but not be able to copy them from that folder into another?

I know this sounds strange but I have a manager that is being VERY paranoid right now.  I am about to tell him that I can not do it.

Blake Fowkes
Waid and Associates
14205 Burnet Road, Suite 600, Austin, TX  78728
Phone: (512) 255-9999     Fax: (512) 255-8780

http://www.waid.com

Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
      ~ John Wooden, UCLA basketball coach

List Charter and FAQ at:
List Charter and FAQ at: