Title: Installing a new IMS
are you telling it to send all email thru a certain host?
-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Carpenter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 8:54 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Installing a new IMS

I am working on installing a new Exch 5.5 server. I am adding an IMS and am getting the following error:

"The Internet Mail Service requires the DNS domain to be configured on XXXX. To configure the domain name, use the NETOWRK icon in the control panel XXX or choose another server."

I checked the settings on the NIC and the domain, and everything is correct. I also verified that the DNS has the correct A and MX records. Any ideas on this? I can not get past this point.

TIA

5.5 SP4 Win 2K SP2

List Charter and FAQ at:
List Charter and FAQ at: