A very good read, yes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Siegfried Weber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 3:48 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Force Logoff of OWA

<lol> Right to the point. Here's some interested reading:

INFO: How IIS Authenticates Browser Clients:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q264921

It describes how IIS and IE interact and mentions that IE caches that
stuff.

<quote>
When Internet Explorer has established a connection with the server by
using an authentication method other than Anonymous, it automatically
passes the credentials for every new request during the duration of the
session. </quote>

"Session" basically means any opened IE browser window on a single
computer. Without closing them all you'll never loose the authenticated
channel.

I think I saw another MSKB but couldn't find it after a quick search...