Title: Message
Would you clarify "gone to staff"?   Are you quite certain that EVERY individual on "staff" has received the identical spam?  I mean ask each and very one of them, or check message tracking in Exchange.   The logs should also be able to tell you whether you got 50 copies of the message for 50 recipients, or 1 copy that got to 50 people.  If only one copy came in and 50 people got it, then your DL is available to the outside world.  Do your DLs have Internet addresses?

Carl

-----Original Message-----
From: William Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 1:19 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Life Insurance Spam with strange addressing

Ok.  I misread one of the lines in the header. The messages are indeed coming from another source (one hosted by Cogent the other won't resolve) hitting our fw then exchange.  I can see the idea of addressing to me from me, but how would this explain that the messages appear to have gone to staff, unless they did it one by one. Also not my staff mailing/distro lists are not accessible from the outside.

Thanks for your input,