From: aci [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 12:24
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: VIRUS HELL!!!! ...help?

TIA---

I am looking for a bit of help on the antivirus problems I am having
today.

Today there seems to be heavy virus activity regarding email with an
attachment "decrypt-password.exe" These files are being blocked at the
exchange gateway. Only the "alert.txt message comes through with the
original email. However, there must be some form of embedded VB script in
the body of the message. As the message hits the inbox, it somehow enables
the "Preview pane" on the inbox, makes this message always be the first
message and runs the script. What I am looking for is some way to disable
the preview pane (before opening outlook) so that I can click on the inbox
and delete the message. I do not want to add the "security patch" to
outlook, as this is not an option currently.

Does anyone know of a reg-hack where I can disable the preview pane for
Outlook??? Please let me know any and all ideas. \

BIG THANKS!
aci

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: