Thanks that is very helpful information.

-----Original Message-----
From: Purviance, Chad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 12:20 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Question

Umm ... no, exactly opposite.

The config data is written to BOTH the drives and the controller. I would
NEVER take the Raid HW with me on a Dead server with an identical Hot unit
on a new Dell or ANY Compaq.

Old Dell raid controllers ONLY wrote the config in the controller .. if you
lost a controller you lost the set with or without good data on the drive.

Chad Purviance