I have seen similar errors in 5.5 and have concluded that an attachment has been
deleted but a pointer to it still exists. Of course, I could be wrong too ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] at INTERNET

Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 9:52 AM
To: Balen, Steve B - Raleigh, NC;
[EMAIL PROTECTED] at INTERNET
Subject: Error 1104 in app log

Has anyone seen this error before?
Microsoft doesn't give much information about it. I get 17 of them everyday
around the same time 1:18-1:20pm. this is what shows up in my logs.

Error 0xfffff9bf occurred during a background cleanup on attachment 110707c on
database "first storage group\mailbox store

& this is what I found on Microsoft site. I'm not sure what they are referring
too. Any Ideas

Source(s): MSExchangeIS
MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
MSExchangeIS Public Store
Event ID: 1104
Component: Information Store
Symbolic Name: msgidAttachCleanupError

Explanation
A problem occurred during an attempt to delete an attachment. A write conflict
may have occurred.

User Action
Verify that the appropriate permissions are set for folder and messages.

Brien Mayer
Senior Network Administrator
Merchant's Tire
(703)393-4416