It would be better just to build a new win2k base server in the new
domain and migrate.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] at INTERNET

Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 7:22 PM
To: Balen, Steve B - Raleigh, NC;
[EMAIL PROTECTED] at INTERNET
Subject: moving exchange 5.5 server to new domain

OK here is my situation.
Server1 - Win2k box & exchange 5.5 in Win2k native mode domain (domain1)
w/all SP upgrades etc. want to move everything to domain2 also Win2k
native mode domain.

wondering if it would be better to build a new Win2k server in domain 2
and try migrating everything over or if I should just migrate server1
over to domain2

I was wondering if anyone had any stories on this, or a good FAQ or tech
article on doing this. I am reading up on how I can accomplish this.
Most places say MS doesn't recommend this. I have found some info on
Google, but would appreciate all comments from the list.

Michael Yurchuk, MCSE
Systems Administrator
direcTEL
Saskatoon, SK
306-384-8600

List Charter and FAQ at:

File item 2 original document name: Not specified
File item 2 document type: PCDATA
File item 2 size (bytes): 2521
List Charter and FAQ at: