Hello -

I have an Exchange 5.5 environment currently, with one Exchange 5.5 server
on an NT 4.0 server, and another Exchange 5.5 server on a Windows 2000
Advanced Server. The domain is running in mixed mode with the Windows 2000
Advanced Server as the Domain Controller and the NT 4.0 server as an old
NT 4.0 domain Backup Domain Controller.

I intend to add my first Exchange 2000 (Enterprise) server to this
environment.

At first, I want to test it by adding an Exchange 2000 server on to
another Windows 2000 Advanced Server, so that I can create a test mailbox
on the new Exchange 2000 server, work with it, then migrate real mailboxes
to it.

What advice would you folks give me as to anything special I need to do to
add my first Exchange 2000 Enterprise server to this environment? Or is it
as easy as just install the Exchange 2000 Enterprise server on a Windows
2000 Advanced server system, and tell it to join the existing Exchange
environment?

Many thanks!
-Jay

List Charter and FAQ at: