From: Precht, David N. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 3:48 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: OWA problems

http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q255402
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q275520
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q316349
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q256360

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Juillerat [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 15:39
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: OWA problems

--
After logging onto OWA I am getting the error message 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal
Server Error'

--

I appear to be logging  on to the server, because the left side of the OWA
screen shows my inbox, contacts, etc. The large right window displays the

My clients are win2k and win98 using assorted versions of IE.
I do not have friendly IE error messages turned on.
Browsing locally on the box fails with the same error.

My server is a front-end Exchange 2000 sp2 box that relays incoming/outgoing
mail and supports SSL connections to OWA. I am using the IIS lockdown tool.

The box is on the inside of a firewall only allowing port 25 and 443
connections to the server. ftp, telnet, etc services are disabled. wwwpub
and the proper exchange services appear to be running.

There have been no recent changes to the server (this was working last
night) The server has been stable. neither event logs or iis logs are being
particularly enlightening

This error is so general I am having trouble finding anything relevant on
Google Web or Groups.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

List Charter and FAQ at: