The script uses a particular event which only fires if a new item is
created in that folder. If using Outlook with the Exchange provider (no
IMAP or OWA) you should be able to fire up such a notification if you
hook into the change event. Unfortunately I don't have the specific name
of the event handy and it's been about two years when I did such 5.5
stuff. But you should be able to find it on MSDN IIRC.