From: Ren Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 10:59 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Add all Contacts to Messenger Automatically

I just deployed Exchange Instant Messenger and was wondering if there is
a way to include everyone in the company on the contact list for
everyone's messenger client?  Basically what I'm looking for is a new
user installing messenger and not having to add each person
individually.

I tried to pull the info from the registry and add the key file through
a script, but the key "folder" name is the user's name and %username%
doesn't work for a key.  Can someone help?

I guess the only other way I know of would be to create a VB script
which would rewrite the .reg file for each person as they are logging on
pulling the user's name through %username% (by batch script) and adding
it to the new .reg file in the appropriate place.  Anyone got a better
idea, please let me know.

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: