William,
        I have found there are quite a few inherited permissions, but I still can't
figure out where they come from. Here is what is on the mailbox now:

Domain\administrator - read (inherited)
domain\domain admins - delete,read,change,take ownership,full (all inherited)
domain\enterprise admins- delete,read,change,take ownership,full (all inherited)
Everyone - read (inherited)
Exchange Domain Servers - delete,read,change,take ownership,full (all inherited)
Exchange Service Account - delete,read,change,take ownership,full (all inherited)
Exchange Services - delete,read,change,take ownership,full (all inherited)
Self - Delete, full, Associated external account (not inherited)

The test user I am trying to give access to is not a member of any of the above groups
except of course everyone, but he can get access if I add him to the list with full
permissions.
When I put the test group in and give it full permissions (and of course he is a
member of that test group) it doesn't work, even after waiting and forcing an AD
replication to be sure his group membership is being evaluated.

1) Do you see anything in this ACL that would be affecting this?
2) Where the hell are all the inherited permissions coming from, I can't find a higher
level in the hierarchy to modify them (in the AD or the server manager)?
3) That Everyone - read permission makes me nervous, but it was there by default on
all mailboxes, and again I don't know where it is being inherited from to remove it. I
have checked around on a few regular user accounts and noone can access each others
mailbox so it would seem it doesn't work anyway, but it still makes me nervous.

Thanks for your help.

Brad