Title: Message
Is this an Exchange Server profile? or are you trying to use Outlook with POP?

Define "test under the email setup says it works fine"
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 2:31 PM
Subject: Differences in Outlook and Outlook Express

We have a brand new system (Dell lattitude notebook, 512 RAM, 20GB Hdd) running windows xp pro and office xp.  When I try to send and receive email with outlook express it works fine.  When I try regular outlook it won't send anything and times out trying to connect the smtp server.  If i run a test under the email setup it says it works just fine.  First thought was to apply sp1 with no luck.  Profile has been removed and recreated several times with several different account with no success.  I am out of ideas - anyone have one???

List Charter and FAQ at:
List Charter and FAQ at: