The recommended memory management technique for Exchange 5.5 or 2000 is to
let Exchange's Dynamic Memory Allocation handle it.

If you have 1 GB or RAM, running Exchange and it's using 850MB, the OS is
using the rest, then you're getting your money's worth.  Exchange is
programmed to use every available MB of RAM, unless another process calls
for some.

In 5.5 you can cap it off at whatever level you want with one of the
exchange utils (forgetting name right now, optimization wizard???), not
sure about 2000 cause I just let mine hog the memory (it's cheap)

> Anyone know what the best settings are for managing memory usage for =
> Exchange?
> I have 1GB of RAM in my Exchange Server and it's going beyond the =
> allotted amount.
> The store.exe just keeps growing.  Is there special performance settings =
> I need to set?
>
> Current Virtual Memory settings are as follows:
>
> C: [system]  1536-3072 MB
> E: [data/information store]   'blank'
> L: [Logs]  'blank'
>
> any help on this would greatoy be appreciated.

List Charter and FAQ at: