Some people use that solution as Exchange doesn't provide same.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Personette [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 8:12 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Default recipient????

William, I finally found my old notebook, and I was using a Unix box
between my Exchange server and the Internet way back a bunch of years
and a few jobs ago. Had it set to forward any unknown or unrecognized
aliases to the Postmaster box I had created on Exchange. It was because
we had some really AR high level execs that insisted that delays in
receiving mail from customers and investors was unacceptable. The fact
that the folks couldn't type, and that even the Post Office can't
deliver mail without the correct address didn't matter. To save myself
and the rest of the IT staff from incessant whining and sometimes
screaming, we instituted that fix. One of the guys wrote a nice script
to create the aliases on the Unix box when we created an Exchange
account, so it wasn't a ton of work. We gave the receptionist rights to
that mailbox, and she had the task of figuring out whom the mail was
intended for and sending it on. We also had the receptionist send the
correct contact info back to the sender in hopes of slowing the flow. I
admit it was a case of using technology to overcome idiocy, rather than
educating users, but dealing with irrational people that also sign the
checks...

Jay Personette
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mavtech.com/