From: Patrick King'ori Kariuki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 30 July 2002 13:21
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Strange Attachment Names

>From last week, I have been receiving MsOffice attachments with strange
names. For instance: a mail had an attached word 97 document Graduation
letter.doc. When I double-click on it, I get the confirmation to open the
docment Graduation letter.26494DEFANGED-doc which of course is not
associated to any application - it seems to have no extension.

Can someone tell me what's happening?

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it

is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

-Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

List Charter and FAQ at: