1.       Yes, they both allow sync

2.       Yes, but not in native office applications. Functionality is similar.

3.       Yes, each application has it's plus and minuses, as well as fan boys.
That's like asking Chevy or dodge.  I am a WM fan boy myself. My wife, 11 year
old son, and myself all have Windows Mobile devices with unlimited data
packages that sync to our home exchange server.

As a matter of timing someone asked me this weekend why I liked my WM phone.
This is my answer.

I've come to rely on my Windows Mobile device pretty heavily in the last few
years.  It enables me to be a great deal more productive, have more information
with me, and have access to real time information from "out there". The
following are a few of the things they my phone does for me.

1.       It syncs with Exchange over the wire. My Contacts, My Calendar, My
Tasks, and My Email are with me and up-to-date when I need them. With direct
push they are kept up-to-date in real time between 6am and 6pm every day. Then
every 30 minutes outside of those hours.

2.       I am big into putting my life in my tasks, and calendar to help remind
me of what I need to do, and make lists of things to accomplish for the day.
Having the same reminders and lists with me on my computers and my mobile and
synced between the two gives me greater options.

3.       I have dates, spouses, pictures, addresses, phone numbers, personal
sound greetings and so on for all of my contacts. If I need to know something
about someone it is in my contacts. Even better, once it is on my phone it
uploads to my computer, or vice versa.

4.       I use an application called EWallet [1] to store pretty much all of my
information: website logins, SSN, DL#, Medical Numbers, Insurance Information,
Bank Accounts, etc.. You name it data wise about me and my family, and it is
stored in this application. The app uses 256k encryption. Plus you need the
password for the device, then the password for the software to see anything. 6
digits for the phone and I use 12 digits for the software. It only syncs to my
laptop with a cable. It is secure enough for me to feel safe, and enables me to
have all of my data with me,

5.       I have a few IMAP accounts on my phone to get email for work, and what
not.

6.       I use an application called Live PVR that allows me to record all
incoming phone conversations from select people (Xwife). This application has
been helpfully when building court cases, or calling her on her later false
statements.

7.       There are nice video games for my phone that let me zone out when I am
waiting for something

8.       I run communicator mobile on my phone synced to MS or Work depending
on where and what I am doing . This gives me presence and instant
communications with the people I work with. It also allows me to make VoIP
calls when on a WIFI without great cell reception.

9.       I run some SPB apps too, like the weather and time bars that let me
know what is going outside since I don't see it much.

10.   Through the web browser I can quickly check the status of the ferries via
webcams. Via an application called SmartPhlow I can check live traffic data for
my routes. Between these 2 things I can select the best route to get to my kid
in real time. This has saved me all kinds of time over the last few years.

There are other things, but these are the big ones. In short I very much love
how much information and access I have in my pocket with a Windows Mobile
Device.

~Kevinm WLKMMAS
Formerly of Microsoft<http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/>, now powered by
3Sharp<http://www.3sharp.com/>, Always