Last instructions I saw from Message Labs said to put a smart host on the SMTP
Virtual Server.
That is a very bad idea, particularly if you have more than one Exchange
server, and it would be nice if third party services like Message Labs stopped
telling their customers to do that.

What you need to do is create an SMTP Connector.
http://www.amset.info/exchange/smtp-connector.asp

Simon.

--
Simon Butler
MVP: Exchange, MCSE

e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
w: www.amset.co.uk
w: www.amset.info

Need cheap certificates for Exchange, compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0?
Go to http://www.certificatesforexchange.com/ for certificates for just $20 a
year.
Now includes SAN certificates for Exchange 2007 for just $59 a year.