I am setting this up, and am following the directions on Simon
Butler's web page - http://amset.info/exchange/rpc-http.asp - and
while I've read the Questions section at the end, I'm still a little
unclear on this.

1) We're (at the moment) in situation 2 WRT DC and Exchange (DC and
Exchange separate, single Exchange server (well, sort of - we still
have Exchange 5.5 running our Rightfax integration, but that should go
away soon!) no FE/BE arrangement), so the reg entry in the sample
looks as follows:

     Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

     [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\RpcProxy]
     "ValidPorts"="exchange-server:100-5000;
     exchange-server:6001-6002;
     exchange-server.domain.local:6001-6002;
     dc:6001-6002;
     dc.domain.local:6001-6002;
     exchange-server:6004;
     exchange-server.domain.local:6004;
     dc:6004;
     dc.domain.local:6004;
     mail.external.com:6001-6002;
     mail.external.com:6004;
     dc:593;
     dc.domain.local:593;
     exchange-server:593;
     exchange-server.domain.local:593;
     mail.external.com:593;"

Can this be condensed down (we use split DNS, and FQDNs inside are the
same as FQDNs outside) to:

     Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

     [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\RpcProxy]
     "ValidPorts"="
     exchange-server:100-5000;
     exchange-server:6001-6002;
     exchange-server.example.com:6001-6002;
     dc:6001-6002;
     dc.example.com:6001-6002;
     exchange-server:6004;
     exchange-server.example.com:6004;
     dc:6004;
     dc.example.com:6004;
     dc:593;
     dc.example.com:593;
     exchange-server:593;
     exchange-server.example.com:593;

2) WRT 1) - what will I need to do for the new Exchange servers in our
overseas offices, when that time comes? Same thing, but change the
names to local DCs and Exchange servers, or something else?

Thanks,

Kurt