From: Barsodi.John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 8:03 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Recreating Exchange 2003 Public Folder Store

I have an Exchange 2003 Server that has a public folder store on a partition
that has gone AWOL.  Whoever built this server years ago, created the
partition in question as a dynamic partition and we lost a drive in the RAID
set(Compaq hardware raid - blah to software RAID sets). anyways when the
array rebuilt Windows placed this Dynamic partition into a "At Risk" state.
After reactivating it, it soon goes back into a At Risk State.. I've tried
many things to recover/move the data off the partition, but the .edb file
will not move - the streaming db moves fine, I receive a I/O timeout error
along umpteen million errors in the system log.   So. we don't have a valid
back up of the data, but the PF data has been replicated to two of the other
Exchange 2003 servers in this site.

So my question is, after the long winded build up, if  I simply delete the
Public Folder store and recreate a new one on a different partition, what
will I break?  I can point all mail stores to use another server for its PF
store.. Or should I consider a different course of action?  Right now, the
PF db works fine, users are saying performance is normal, lookups, etc.

TIA for any suggestions.

- John Barsodi