I find myself needing to restore my entire datastore.  The question is,
is it better to:

1) Restore the database directly to the First Storage Group or

2) Restore to a recovery storage group and use exmerge to bring the data
up to date or

3) Restore to a recovery storage group, dismount both stores and copy
the recovered files to the live location or

4) Use an entirely different plan of which I'm as yet unaware

It is perfectly acceptable to bring the datastore offline.

What are the pros and cons of each strategy?

My biggest concerns are stability and integrity of the final data, and
total time spent by yours truly.

I'm running Exchange 2003 SP2 and NtBackup.

I'm leaning toward number 1, but that's probably because I'm more
familiar with exchange 2000 than X2K3 and that was the only way then.

Thanks for any insights,

Bill Songstad