I've just moved 10 Mac users from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2007. They are
using Apple's "Mail" to connect to email. After a morning of fiddling and
reconfiguring client programs, I have them successfully moving mail.  I'm left
with two difficulties.

The first involves a purchased cert. The cert is in the name mail.wrightbg.com,
which is our "external" DNS name for the server. There is also a CNAME record
set up in our internal DNS pointing "mail" to the server's real name,
"corp-exchange07". I have the Macs configured to go to mail.wrightbg.com and
they find the server OK, but they report a certificate error, stating that the
cert is mail.wrightbg.com, but the server is corp-exchange07.wrightbg.com.

The second problem that they're encountering is that when they try to send an
email after being idle for a bit, the server is prompting them for a password.
They can log in OK, but the extra typing is a bit much to ask.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Steve