While these queues display correctly n the Exchange 2003 System Manager
on the Exchange server itself, on my client (actually a VMware virtual
XP system, as my main box is Vista Pro x86) these queues do not display.
There's just a line "Default SMTP Virtual Server" is a red "!" on the
icon and the additional information to verify that the required services
are running.

Any ideas what I've got setup incorrectly in this virtual XP system or
its host Vista system?  The Windows firewall is disabled both on the
host and guest systems. The System Manager displays these queues just
fine on another machine in my department.

Thanks.

Philip Hershey