From: Steven Peck [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 12:29 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Google Analytics

I would strongly suggest you go through the pain of learning AWStats
(not that much of a pain).  With Google Analytics you are doing a few
things.

You are adding a piece of javascript to enable the tracking -  Unknown
how that will affect the built in Exchange access stuff.

Every page that is viewed makes a call to an off site server and that
is tracked off site.   ANY latency/delay/lag involved in that call
will result in a lag/performance issue in the users experience.  A
negative user experience results in "Exchange sucks" complaints.  And
there are times when lag is noticeable on sites not requiring an SSL
connection.

I think there are page view limitations that Analytics also has.  If you
exceed those you have to / should discuss with Google your use.  I may
be remembering this part wrong.

Steven Peck :: http://www.blkmtn.org

On Jan 31, 2008 8:06 AM, Micheal Espinola Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I second that emotion.
>

> On Jan 31, 2008 10:59 AM, Sam Cayze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What about just using a log analyzer?  AWstats is my favorite, it
> > can do iis logs and smtp logs too!

Spam ~
~