From: Sean Martin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 2:30 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange 2007 Replication Capabilities

Hello All,

I'm looking for some real-world feedback on Exchange 2007 replication
capabilities. I have to be honest and start out by saying I haven't done any
significant research on the subject. I'm simply looking for feedback from
you all that are using Exchange 2007 and have implemented some type of
replication.

We're currently moving forward with the implementation of an "out-of-state"
data center somewhere in the pacific northwest (we're in Alaska). The idea
behind this data center is "Active/Active", meaning, the PNW can operate
separately on the PNW data center and then failover to the Alaska Data
Center if there was some type of major disaster....and vice versa. We're
just now in the planning stages and I'm just trying to get a head start on
what options may or may not be available to us regarding Exchange.

We're currently running Exchange 2003 and I'm leaning towards recommending
an upgrade to Exchange 2007 prior to researching any type of
Geo-clustering/Replication solutions for Exchange 2003. Any thoughts?

Note: All I know about connectivity between sites is a 10MB link.

- Sean