You could run ASSP on the same box, configuring it to only perform
greylisting.  It would have little to no impact on the performance of
the box.

ASSP is a Perl-based anti-spam application.  It has many other
features that can also deter connections and therefor off-set load on
your server

www.asspsmtp.org

--
ME2