I hit that error with the connector as well... Regarding rules, my rules seemed
to corrupt after sp1. I have Postfix mail going into ASSP mail now sometimes:)
Happened immediately after sp1?

jlc

From: Miller Bonnie L. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:13 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: SP1 installed today

Upgraded our single E2k7 server (all roles) to SP1 this morning-just thought
I'd share.  Even after running the schema extensions ahead of time and EXBPA on
Friday which announced things looked good, I had an ugly little error message
that failed the install until figuring it out.

Turned out someone else has seen the issue:
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31296140/exchange-2007-sp1-install.aspx

Tried the cmd-line upgrade install as suggested, but it failed again.  I then
used get-receiveconnector to document our connectors and then
set-receiveconnector to change the fqdn parameter it was barking about (it was
previously set to our external domain name rather than internal).  After
changing that, the install ran without errors.  I've not changed the fqdn value
back, and as far as I can see, everything is working properly except for one
thing (next) that is unrelated.  Anyone have any comments on what this value
should be?  I really don't know when/where it was originally set.

Only other issue I'm seeing right now is an error in OWA when I try and view my
Rules (under options).  Others are not seeing this problem, so I'm going to
play with it a bit and see if I can figure it out.  Might be something with
just the adminsdholder accounts again.  Error is below:

Request
User host address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
User: Last First M.
EX Address: /o=ORGNAME/ou=OUNAME/cn=RECIPIENTS/cn=USERNAME
SMTP Address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OWA version: 8.1.240.5
Mailbox server: internaldomain.name

Exception
Exception type: System.NullReferenceException
Exception message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Call stack

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.Rule.ParseOrRestriction(OrRestriction res,
Boolean isException)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.Rule.AddRestrictions(Restriction res, Boolean
isException)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.Rule.AddRestrictions(Restriction res, Boolean
isException)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.Rule.ParseServerRuleConditions()
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.Rule.ParseServerRule()
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.Rule..ctor(Folder folder, Rule serverRule)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.Rules.ParseRules()
Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Premium.RulesOptions.RenderListContent()
ASP.forms_premium_rulesoptions_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w,
Control parameterContainer)
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection
children)
System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

-Bonnie