From: Rimmel, Carl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 2:06 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Cannot send from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2003

 We are transitioning from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007.  We have installed a
CAS, HUB Transport and Mailbox server (with HUB Transport role also installed).
 When the first HUB server was installed, it automatically created the
necessary routing group connectors to allow email flow between 2003 and 2007
and it worked fine.  We recently deleted these connectors and recreated them as
we have multiple routing groups which require new routing group connectors to
efficiently route mail.

Ever since creating the new connectors, we are only able to receive email from
2003 to 2007 but are unable to send from 2007 to 2003.  The Queue Viewer
indicates the following:

451 5.7.3 Cannot achieve Exchange Server authentication

I have checked to make sure "Integrated Windows Authentication" is checked on
the 2003 SMTP virtual servers and they are all checked.  Also, all of the 2003
servers are correctly listed as members of the ExchangeLegacyInterop" group.

This is happening on every connector we created.  Any ideas would be great.

Thanks,
Carl

This message and any attachments contain information, which may be confidential
or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please refrain from any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information. Please be aware
that such actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission in
error, kindly notify us by e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] We appreciate your
cooperation.