Now THAT is up your ISP. They have to know to forward your e-mail to your
downstream. You'll have to ask them to configure that.

>From your perspective (i.e., in your SMTP virtual server set up) you
probably just want to use them as a smarthost (if you have  a static IP, you
can do other things - but without at least that, I wouldn't bother).

Regards,

Michael B. Smith

MCSE/Exchange MVP

http://TheEssentialExchange.com

From: Joe Fox [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 4:19 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: ETRN

What would be the best way to do that then?  I am doing this more or less as
an learning experience.  I could set up the SMTP Virtual Server to forward
the mail to my smarthost, but a that point, how would I get anything from
the smarthost back to my server?

Any good guides would be appreciated.

Thanks.
-Joe

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Michael B. Smith