Thanks for the info. I was looking at a mostly high side Dell Optiplex
tower or a precision workstation as the basis. By the time I get home I
should have a full TechNet DVD set waiting for me. Letting it blow up
and rebuild on a regular basis will give me some experience in virtual
disaster recovery as well.

I am very much of the old school training, one server one
application/service. Virtual machines are a whole new area for me to
wrap my head around.

Anyone know of a good list I can subscribe to that's centered around MS
virtual server?

Please define ESX for me?

Thanks.

John H. Matteson, Jr.
Systems Administrator/ITT Systems
FOB Orgun-E
Afghanistan
DSN - 318 431 8001
VoSIP - (308) 431 - 0000
Iridium - 717.633.3823
Roshain - 079 - 736 - 3832

"A man who thinks of himself as belonging to a particular national group
in America has not yet become an American. And the man who goes among
you to trade upon your nationality is no worthy son to live under the
Stars and Stripes."  Woodrow Wilson