Is it really the EMS you aren't happy with, or the CDO support in E2k7?

What you are describing doesn't seem like it should be that hard to do
via the EMS.

________________________________

From: Boggis, Josh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:08 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange Management Shell killed the CDO star

Currently where I work we are using Exchange 2003.  I have written some
VB code that uses CDO and CDOEXM to create mailboxes for new users.
Another process creates new accounts in active directory, and my code
goes through all the accounts, sees what department they are in, goes to
a lookup table to figure out if the department they are in gets
mailboxes on our servers (some departments have their own servers so we
leave them alone).

Now I go to the Microsoft Upgrading skills from Exchange 2003 to 2007
class and I am introduced to the horror of the exchange management
shell.  I want to keep using CDO!!!  But from what I was told, CDO will
not work fully with Exchange 2007, especially since the RUS is gone.
CDO, from my little experience with it so far, isn't a robust language
to program with.  It's more of a scripting system.

Am I the only one who isn't happy with the management shell?

Note:
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and
protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.