1) I'm using RPC over HTTPS to connect to my Exchange server.
2) I have both front end and back end Exchange 2003 servers.
3) I have two DCs (server 2003).

I rebooted one of my DCs and lost connectivity to mail while the DC was
rebooting.  Does that mean that the other DC which was up was not
working properly?  Note: the DC that was rebooted is handling all 5 of
the FSMO roles and it is the Global Catalog server.  Perhaps RPC over
HTTPS needs one of the FSMO roles or the GC to function?  Can someone
clarify?

Thanks for your help.

Curt