From: Bill Songstad (WCUL) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 11:41 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: routing problem

Thanks for taking a stab at this for me John.

Both servers are in the same administrative group.  I think that means
yes to the exchange org as well.  They are both in the same (only)
routing group as well.  I tried changing routing group master roles last
night.  I'll see if it had an effect in a few minutes when I get on site
again.

The default smtp addresses are in the same domain for both and that is
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Server one gets stuck in an active session with server2.private.net
whenever user2 on server2 sends an email to any user on server1.  (it is
delivered fine the other direction)

DNS is handled on Server1 but there is not a zone for Public.com on it.
It resolves that from the firewall.  The firewall does have accurate DNS
entries for server1.privat.net and server2.private.net.  But, iirc, the
server to server traffic within the organization is supposed to use
routing tables for resolving intersite delivery and not use DNS.

I ran winroute on server2 against both servers and both see the other
server in the exchange routing tables and both recognize the correct
routing masters.

Last time I had to do this, it just worked.  I don't know what is wrong
here.

Thanks for your help,

Bill Songstad