It sounds like you're using the Auto Accept scripts.

You should be able to restrict who can schedule the resource through the
script by limiting who can send email to the resource.

________________________________

From: McCready, Robert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:05 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange 2007 Resources

We have a conference room setup as a resource.  Currently, only four
people are allowed to make modifications to the calendar.  This works
perfectly if you....

1.      Open a new appointment.

2.      Go to the Scheduling Tab.

3.      Select Add Others From Address Book.

4.      Select RESOURCES.

Anybody that is not one of the chosen four can NOT create an appointment
on the calendar.  The problem is, if you change step 4. above and put
the attendee in the REQUIRED field instead of Resources, it bypasses the
permissions restrictions and lets anybody book an appointment on the
calendar.  Is there any way to stop this?  We are using Outlook 2003.

Thanks!

Rob

Note:
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and
protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.