Original and current is XP Pro.  Never changed.  Most MS updates short
of SP3, same as the rest of the laptops.

Paul

________________________________

From: Matt Moore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 10:01 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Dell laptop losing connectivity on network

Original OS and current OS?

From: Paul Everett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 6:37 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Dell laptop losing connectivity on network

I have a Latitude D620 that started having connectivity issues.  It will
work just after it's turned on for about 5 minutes and then no network
anything (local or Internet).  Sometimes it will spontaneously start
working again, but usually not.  Sometimes if I "repair the local area
connection" it will work, but usually that fails also.  If I
"disable"/"re-enable" the adapter it will always work, but only for a
short period of time.

When it is happening, I can ping the machine and get a mixture of
"replys" and "timeouts".  The only error in the error logs is when the
"repair the local area connection" fails.  I get event id 1003 from dhcp
saying, "....unable to renew address from the network..... The following
error occurred:  The semaphore timeout period has expired.  Your
computer will try to continue to try and obtain an address............"

The Dell tech thought it sounds like a software issue and we tried
everything.  Reinstalling the nic driver, stopping unnecessary services,
ruling out cabling issues, etc.  Finally he suggested, for no specific
reason, to try the laptop outside of our network.  So, I took it home
last night and low and behold it worked fine without having any
connectivity issues.  I was using the same Domain user account.

I would love to have some ideas on what may be going on or how to fix
this.  I have other laptops just like this and they are not having any
issues,... yet.

Thank you,

Paul Everett
IS Dept.
Lee Mental Health Center
239-791-1551

"Lee Mental Health Center, Inc. providing services through Ruth Cooper
Center for Behavioral Health Care and VISTA Behavioral Crisis Services.
Visit our website at www.leementalhealth.org
<blocked::http://www.leementalhealth.org/>  to learn more."

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.   If you are not the intended
copies of the original message, including attachments.