From: Simon Butler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 7:09 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Restricted GAL

What you are going to have to ask for I don't think they will want to do.

It requires a complete reconstruction of the Address Lists for all users
globally.

Two replacement GALs would have to be created. The default GAL would have to
be blocked using permissions.
Then there would be a GAL for the users in the group you are working with
and and a GAL for everyone else.

It isn't a simple job, and isn't something many Exchange admins would want
to do. I don't think that Microsoft support the changes required any longer
either. The KB article on what you had to do was pulled last year. You can
see it here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20041121012214/http:/support.microsoft.com/defaul
t.aspx?kbid=822940

Unless they have already done the bulk of the work and it is something easy
for them to do, I would strongly expect that they will say no.

Simon.

--
Simon Butler
MVP: Exchange, MCSE

e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
w: www.amset.co.uk
w: www.amset.info

Need cheap certificates for Exchange, compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0?
http://CertificatesForExchange.com/ for certificates from just $23.99.
Need a domain for your certificate? http://DomainsForExchange.net/

  _____