If anyone's interested, I just made this list.  I'm getting some WinMob
6.1 devices, I was curious as to what our Exchange 2003 would support...
Sigh.  Looks like another reason to go to 2007!

It appears these 6.1 functions will not function on Exchange 2003
Backend FYI.  It's a longer list than I thought.

Search - Search e-mail by specific words, subject matter, and more.
HTML Email - Mail shows up on your smartphone just like it does on your
PC-with all the colors, photos, and formatting. Receive, view, write,
and send e-mail in HTML format
Download an entire message, including inline images and
attachments-without having to do a full Send/Receive.
Message Flags - Assign, mark complete, and clear flags both from the
e-mail inbox list and when you're viewing a message.
Forward Appointments - Forward appointments to additional meeting
attendees right from your smartphone.
Out-of-Office Assistant
Propose New Meetings - Respond to a meeting invitation by proposing a
new meeting time.
Schedule New Meetings - Send meeting requests from your smartphone.

Here is a complete breakdown, along with all the added features of 6.1

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/6-1/version-comparison.aspx

Sam