This is curious because it seems logical enough that it should work.  I use a
similar command all the time to create new contacts and distribution groups but
maybe it cannot be used to modify properties...

I need to 'uncheck' all of the Require All Senders to be authenticated boxes on
all the distribution groups and I don't want to do this by hand for 200 groups.

So I exported the group list to a csv and cleared out everything but the
display names in excel and re-saved it as a csv.  Then I tried using

Import-Csv groupstest.csv | ForEach { Set-DistributionGroup -identity
$_.displayName -RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled $False }

However it returns:

Set-DistributionGroup : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Identity' because it
 is null.
At line:1 char:70
+ Import-Csv groupstest.csv | ForEach { Set-DistributionGroup -identity  <<<< $
_.displayName -RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled $False }
Set-DistributionGroup : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Identity' because it
 is null.
At line:1 char:70
+ Import-Csv groupstest.csv | ForEach { Set-DistributionGroup -identity  <<<< $
_.displayName -RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled $False }

Anyone have any clues as to why this might not work or what I can do to achieve
what I want?

Thanks

Ehren J. Benson, MCSE
Windows Systems Administrator