Just do it... It is much less scary that it sounds!!

~Kevinm WLKMMAS
powered by 3Sharp, Always WLKMMAS What is your Zombie Plan?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Buff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 5:08 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Removing ADC from E2k3 org

All,

I'm trying to follow http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272314/es to
remove the ADC, and am not getting exactly the results I'd like to
see.

Step 5 says:
Under System Folders, click to expand Offline Address Book to select
the Offline Address Book (OAB). The OAB should be of the form
     EX:/O=ORG/OU=Site
Right click the folder and click Properties, then click the Replication tab.

When I right-click for properties, I get a popup that says:

----------Begin popup text----------
The mail proxy for this folder cannot be found. This may be due to
replication delays. The mail enabled pages will not be shown.

ID no: 1038a21
Exchange System Manager
-----------End popup text----------

I've found this article, which seems to address my situation:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328740

My question is: Has anyone here done this, and what might be the
gotchas in doing either of the procedures outlined?

I'm guessing that the first procedure is the one that applies to my
situation, because I've recently decommissioned my last Ex5.5 server,
but have not yet removed the ADC.

This article makes me a bit nervous, though, so I'm looking for a bit
of guidance before I step off the cliff.

Kurt