From: E. Peeters [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 4:10 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Strange OWA redirection

Hello people,

My problem is with Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003.

Whenever someone attempts to access my OWA for the first time (per
session), the connection is being redirected to an internal
(non-routable) IP. Hitting Refresh on the browser opens OWA correctly,
and the problem does not occur again until the user begins a new session
(logs off or reboots their PC).

The IP is the internal IP that the Exchange box was assigned in an
earlier deployment, prior to OWA being made available. The Exchange box
has a new IP and everything seems to be functioning normally, except for
this OWA issue.

On the first attempt to connect to OWA, the user is prompted to
authenticate and after succesfully doing so, both OWA frames are loaded
but their respective content isn't displayed. Rather, the generic "web
page could not be found" is shown. Looking at what each frame does, they
are both attempting to load their respective page, but they use the old
internal IP for Exchange rather than the FQDN.

If the user hits Refresh, the content of each frame is loaded using the
FQDN and OWA will function as expected right up until the user logs off
or reboots their PC. Afterwards, the first attempt to use OWA will again
fail, etc...

I have combed the registry to see if I could find any entry that would
somehow point to the old Exchange's internal IP, to no avail.

This issue started when one box was performing all Exchange functions. I
now have front-end and back-end boxes, but the problem hasn't changed.

Any suggestion ?

Eric