The event id is the only way I know of, unfortunately it's only a partial
solution. 1016 are also triggered when someone views your calendar, or
accesses a legitimate shared folder.

They just implemented a solution here InTrust, which monitors event logs,
and tracks when people logon to a server with specific IDs. Agents run on
each server, but that's all I know about it.