We have a full-blown Cisco UCM-BE system in our main office, but we had
a CME (router based) before that, and both systems worked pretty nicely
for us.  We plan to upgrade our office across town to a Cisco CME once
their old Toshiba CTX100 system is fully depreciated, or dies, whichever
comes first.

When we were looking at VoIP systems a few years ago, we determined that
the Cisco system had more of the features *we* actually needed and used
for less money than the others at the time.  Asterisk would have made it
farther in the competition if we could have found a firm within a 2hr
radius that could help deploy and maintain it.  InterTel, Mitel,
ShoreTel and PingTel were all short-listed in that same study and all of
them were nice.

In my experience, it's usually best to sick with the same manufacturer
of VoIP equipment across an organization.  The "minor" incompatibilities
will net you "major" headaches.  I'd touch bases with the larger org to
find out what their VoIP plans are and work with them to find a solution
that meets your needs and budget.

Ted Crow
Information Technology Manager
Tuttle Services, Inc.