We are using Exchange 2007, Outlook 2003 (in Cached Mode) and BES 4.1.4.

We have a Xerox Work Centre that is set up with Anonymous Relay rights on
Exchange.  Users can scan documents to an email, and Xerox delivers the email
to their mailbox with the document attached.

A break/fix tech blew away and rebuilt a user's email profile.  Since then,
when she scans a document and sends it, it shows up briefly on her Blackberry
and disappears before she can open it.  She never sees anything in Outlook.

I can see in the transport logs where the message is received and delivered to
the mailbox.  But in the Blackberry logs I see nothing...no sign the message
hit the server...no failures for this user of any kind.

We have looked everywhere in her Outlook for the message, thinking she had some
kind of funky rule moving it to another folder or auto-deleting it.  Nothing.

BUT...if we change the default subject on the Xerox...the message gets through.

We have tried running Outlook /cleanrules, and we have added the address to the
safe senders list in Outlook...nothing.

I'm out of ideas...

 Larry C. Brown
    LAN/WAN CS Support