From: Liby Philip Mathew [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 6:23 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Serious issue with POP3 in Exchange 2007

Hi All,

I am desperate having a serious issue with my POP3 clients.  At times
clients are able to send mail and at times not able to.  But they always
receive mails.

I have published OWA, OA, POP3 587 and POP3 995 on ISA 2006 SP1.

I have 2 Exchange 2007 Ent. SP1.

My internal server kwmail.path.local holds the all the roles except Edge.
Edge is in the DMZ.

My Public domain is path-solutions.com.

My public DNS zone is on the Edge Server behind the ISA and port 53 from
Edge also published on ISA.

I am using self generated certificates from MS PKI.

I want to use https://kw.path-solutions.com <https://kw.path-solutions.com/>
as my url for all CAServices.

I have generated the certificate as given below:

new-ExchangeCertificate -GenerateRequest -Path c:\certificates\kwmail.req
-SubjectName "c=KW, o=ICT Professional Services, cn=kw.path-solutions.com"
-DomainName
kw.path-solutions.com,kwmail.path-solutions.com,kwmail.path.local,kwmail
-PrivateKeyExportable $true

import-exchangecertificate -path
c:\Certificates\Issued_cert_for_kwmail\DerEncodcert\kwmail.cer |
enable-exchangecertificate  -services "SMTP,IIS,POP,IMAP,UM"

On the ISA I see the below error:

Upstream Chaining Credential

kwmail.path.local. A connection attempt failed because the connected party
did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection
failed because connected host has failed to respond.

If I check the certificate on kwmail.path.local, in the, details, Subject
Alternative Name field I see a warning on the left side.

I suspect this is the cause of SMTP 587 port on ISA behaving inconsistent.

Any help appreciated.  This is in production and staffs all around the world
calling and shouting at me.  Please help me

Regards

Liby

  _____

Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the
system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability
for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email