From: Davies,Matt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18 September 2008 13:31
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange 2007 roles

All,

I'm hoping that I can borrow the collective intelligence of the group, to
help me with this.

At the present moment we have a exchange 2003 server as a back end and
another as a front end/bridgehead  box with both supporting around 20 users,
There are also other exchange servers within the exchange org, on other
sites. Due to what looks like windows issue the backend server blue screens
every 4 hours.

Rather than continuing to try and fix the problem, which having spent 16
hours on it so far is not getting me anywhere, I was thinking about
deploying exchange 2007.

Hence my question about exchange 2007 roles, and which should be used where,
as far as I can see the best options is to create the following.

1, Create a new exchange 2007 server, with Hub transport and client server
roles.

2, Create a new exchange 2007 server with the mailbox server role and
possible add hub transport for redundancy.

Does anyone see any problems with this or have any comments ?

Thanks

Matt

____________________________

Matt Davies

Director of International IT Operations

General Atlantic

83 Pall Mall

London

SW1Y 5ES

Tel: +44 207 484 3203

Fax: +44 207 484 2803

Mobile: +44 777 559 4265

____________________________

This e-mail (including all attachments) is confidential and may be
privileged.
It is for the exclusive use of the addressee only.  If you are not the
addressee,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is
strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please erase
all
copies of the message and its attachments and notify us immediately at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Thank You.