It is pretty straight forward, I had issues when removing the old server.
Several steps, I must have missed one.

Phil
From: Steve Moore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 9:05 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Migrating to Exchange 2007 in a ESXi virtual environment

We are just starting to migrate from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007.   We are
building the
Exchange 2007 using Windows 2008 server in an ESXi virtual environment.   We
have configured the
mail store in a separate virtual disk with the idea that we will move it to a
SAN early next year
(waiting on budget approval).   We have 250 mailboxes with a 20 gb mail store.
Our base hardware is
an HP Proliant DL380G5 with eight 2.6 GHz xeon CPU’s, 32 gb ram and 1 TB disk
storage.

We would be interested in any tips on software and hardware configurations that
anyone would
like to share.   Any Gotcha’s?  Any pitfalls to avoid?

Thanks to all the contributors in this group.   I have learned a lot just
reading the Q & A’s over
the past few months.

Steve

________________________________
This e-mail and any file(s) transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the recipient to whom they are addressed. Please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake
and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient
you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in
reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. We have
taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we
advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment(s) to this
message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software
viruses.

This message has been scanned for viruses by SIG3300 , Groupshield for
Exchange, and McAfee Virus Enterprise